YES partners with the Lake Washington and Bellevue School Districts to provide on-site, dually-licensed mental health and substance use counselors. YES provides two types of school-based services Behavioral Health Support Specialists and Fee-Based Mental Health Counseling.
Not all of the services and programs are offered within each school. To learn more about what is available at your child’s school, please contact the school administration or school counselor.
Now Providing VIRTUAL Services
Are you a student in the Lake Washington or Bellevue School Districts? Would you like support with the challenges of dealing with being at home, stress, anxiety, family conflicts, loneliness, irritability, self-doubt, depression, or are you worried about a friend?
Drop-in/schedule a time during virtual staff hours:
School-based YES Behavioral Health Support Specialists are offering virtual ZOOM open office hours and virtual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT groups. Services are available to all students at no cost whether you have previously met with the YES Counselor at your school or not.
This is not intended as a Crisis Response. If you are in a life or death situation or are suicidal and cannot keep yourself safe call 911, Crisis Connections 866 426 4747, or text HOME to 741741, the Crisis Text Line.
Behavioral Health Support Specialists
Behavioral Health Support Specialists are dually-licensed mental health and substance use counselors who work within elementary, middle, and high schools to provide a full spectrum of services to students at no charge.
Services and programs may include:
- Screenings and assessments for mental health and substance use issues
- Early intervention – Through programs such as SBIRT, universal mental health, and substance use screenings
- Intervention and prevention activities – Such as the Nicotine Diversion Program)
- Short-term individual and/ or group counseling and support
- Response to disciplinary infractions
- Suicide risk assessments
- Educational presentations for school staff, students, and parents on mental health and substance use-related issues
- Referrals to community resources, including ongoing care at YES
- Parental support through consultation, education and resource referrals
Fee-Based Mental Health Counseling
In order to decrease the barriers to accessing services YES also provides fee-based 1-to-1 counseling by Masters-level therapists and professional Masters-level interns. This weekly intensive individual counseling supports students who are unable to access services outside of school.
Fee-based counseling is dependent on availability and is billed to insurance or Medicaid.