YES partners with the Lake Washington and Bellevue School Districts to provide on-site, dually-licensed mental health and substance use counselors. YES provides two types of school-based services Behavioral Health Support Specialists and Fee-Based Mental Health Counseling.
Not all of the services and programs are offered within each school. To learn more about what is available at your child’s school, please contact the school administration or school counselor.
Behavioral Health Support Specialists
Behavioral Health Support Specialists are dually-licensed mental health and substance use counselors who work within middle schools to provide a full spectrum of services to students at no charge.
Services and programs may include:
- On-site screenings and assessments for mental health and substance use issues
- Early intervention – Through programs such as SBIRT, universal mental health, and substance use screenings
- Intervention and prevention activities – Such as the Nicotine Diversion Program)
- Short-term individual and/ or group counseling and support
- Response to disciplinary infractions
- Suicide risk assessments
- Educational presentations for school staff, students, and parents on mental health and substance use-related issues
- Referrals to community resources, including ongoing care at YES
- Parental support through consultation, education and resource referrals
Fee-Based Mental Health Counseling
In order to decrease the barriers to accessing services YES also provides fee-based 1-to-1 counseling by Masters-level therapists and professional Masters-level interns. This weekly intensive individual counseling supports students who are unable to access services outside of school.
Fee-based counseling is dependent on availability and is billed to insurance or Medicaid.