Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (attachments must be in *.doc or *.txt format) or fax to 425-274-0728. All positions remain open until filled, and are full-time unless otherwise noted. YES is committed to diversity; LGBTQ+ individuals and people of color are encouraged to apply. YES is an equal opportunity employer.
CHIEF ADVANCEMENT OFFICER
THE POSITION The Chief Advancement Officer, a pro-active and creative fundraising professional, reports directly to Patti Skelton-McGougan, the Chief Executive Officer of Youth Eastside Services, and serves as an essential member of the senior leadership team. The Chief Advancement Officer leads comprehensive advancement programs that support YES’s mission, including gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations, and sources for annual, major, and planned giving. The Chief Advancement Officer manages a five-member advancement team that includes a Fund Development Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, Major Gifts Officer, Fund Development Coordinator, and a Grant Writer. This efficient and team-oriented leader is expected to implement a robust plan for growth with a goal of raising at least $3 to $4 million within the next three to five years.
MAJOR OBJECTIVES Within the first 12 to 18 months, the Chief Advancement Officer will achieve the following major objectives:
• Establish trusting relationships with the CEO, senior leadership team, staff, Board of Trustees, donors, and stakeholders through capable leadership.
• Develop and implement a strategic advancement plan that achieves long-term, sustainable growth.
• Help build a more robust and efficient advancement program based on metrics, analytics, and best practices.
• Lead, build, develop, and inspire a high-performing advancement team that grows an increasingly large and diverse donor base through clear, achievable goals.
• Increase YES’s marketing efforts to attract and further enhance the agency’s acclaimed profile and reputation with donors.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Chief Advancement Officer will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Lead, manage, and motivate the work of a high-performing development team to meet and exceed all goals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan that strengthens YES’s individual programs and builds a pipeline of new major donor partnerships.
• Provide direction, leadership, and oversight for a robust fundraising platform of annual giving, major giving, planned giving, corporate giving, foundation giving, and special events, with clearly defined revenue goals and performance metrics.
• Provide senior-level advancement expertise to the CEO, the senior leadership team, and Board of Trustees.
• Design, manage, and produce YES’s annual Invest in Youth Breakfast with over 1,000 attendees.
• Ensure that all donors and prospects are appropriately stewarded in order to increase retention and increase higher levels of giving.
• Serve as a staff liaison for the Board’s Fund Development and Breakfast Committees, providing expertise in improving the Board’s fundraising capacity.
• Manage the department’s budget for best return on investment.
• Set annual goals and strategies, at the advice of the CEO, for raising funds and implement systems for tracking and recording achievement.
• Maintain open and ongoing communications with the CEO, providing complete and accurate activity reports, revenue forecasts and situation analyses on a regular basis.
• Be recognized as a committed, valued, and collegial philanthropy leader by members of YES’s clinical and counseling teams, ensuring clients’ privacy and confidentiality are always protected.
• Work closely with the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer to assist in the budget process by creating a cohesive development plan with clear financial goals
• Travel as needed and attend evening and weekend events.
QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will possess most of the following qualifications:
• A deep, passionate commitment to YES’s mission.
• At least seven years of professional experience managing successful fundraising teams for nonprofit organizations. Experience in healthcare-related and/or campaign fundraising would be an advantage.
• Significant achievement in the areas of major giving, annual giving, corporate giving, foundation giving, marketing and communications, special events, including solicitation of six-figure gifts and greater.
• Self-motivated, well-organized, innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative.
• Ability to hire, supervise, motivate and retain a development team that strives to achieve and exceed goals, leading by example in an open, light-hearted, and transparent manner.
• Ability to achieve targeted fundraising goals by means of strategic positioning, flexible direction, and team-oriented leadership.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with senior leadership teams, engaged boards, and volunteers.
• Strong motivational and interpersonal skills that value honor, integrity, and excellence in work.
• Excellent communication skills, including strong listening, written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Solid financial management skills with experience in fundraising and budget analysis, forecasting, and planning.
• Strong knowledge of advancement and donor database management systems, particularly Donor Perfect.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
Youth Eastside Services has retained Campbell & Company to conduct this search. The team for this project includes Dan Nevez, Senior Consultant, and Emily Thompson, Associate Consultant. Youth Eastside Services offers a highly attractive compensation and benefits package, including coverage of approximately 85% of benefit costs for medical/prescription and 100% of dental and vision benefit costs; health savings accounts for medical expenses; vacation, sick, and personal days, and 10 paid holidays; a 401K plan with match; a relaxed environment; and a healthy work-life balance. To be considered for this opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Associate Consultant, Executive Search
(312) 896-8891 direct
INTAKE SPECIALIST/ Co-Occurring Disorders Therapist - OPEN ACCESS - Full Time
YES is seeking an Open Access Intake Specialist (co-occurring trained) to join our thriving Open Access Department providing Mental Health and Substance Abuse Assessments, both on site and at schools, to facilitate clients’ entry into services. Specialist also manage referral matters with community partners (schools, primary care doctors, etc.) and may assist supporting clients on our referral list by leading skills groups and managing a small caseload of co-occurring clients.
Requirements: Masters in a counseling related field; a CDP or CDPT or experience in addiction counseling and willingness to immediately pursue; ability to work hours to meet client and program needs including some evenings; have transportation to other job site locations (ex. schools).
Preferred: Licensed; experience with ethnically and culturally diverse populations; training in Evidence-Based Practices (DBT, CBT, Motivational Interviewing).
YES is a leading provider of behavioral health services for youth 0-22 and their families on the Eastside. We provide quality supervision and this position would be offered weekly supervision towards the CDP and mental health licenses. We provide training in Evidence Based Practices, particularly CBT and DBT, and financially support education towards your Chemical Dependency Certification.
YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUTH & FAMILY THERAPIST - FULL TIME
We are seeking a Youth & Family counselor to provide intake evaluations and outpatient youth and family counseling in both elementary school and agency settings (days and evenings). Emphasis would be on serving youth ages 6-10 years, with a plan to broaden caseload to early childhood behavioral health (birth to 7 years) based on needs of the agency. YES offers a collaborative and supportive work environment. We seek a clinician with experience in youth and family counseling and an ability to work with culturally diverse populations. Master’s Degree and MHP required. License preferred. Trained in Evidence-Based Practices, especially CBT and PMT, and PFR/PCIT a plus. Excellent benefits. Bi-lingual English/ Spanish candidates encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to HR@youtheastsideservices.org. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.
YOUTH CASE MANAGER (FULL TIME 40 HRS/WK)
We are is seeking a Youth Case Manager to work in a collaborative effort in multiple teen centers (Redmond Teen Center, Crossroads Community center and Boys and Girls Club of Bellevue Teen Center) to provide the appropriate social services to the youth during drop-in hours. Required education and experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Experience working with at-risk youth and families, preferably with a diverse population. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LATINO YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES: Latino HEAT/Latino Unidos - 20 hrs/wk
We are seeking a Spanish-speaking Family Support Specialist/Case Manager to work in a collaborative effort in LWSD/BSD schools to provide variety of youth development services: outreach, individualized case management related to staying in school, counseling services as needed, information and referrals to behavioral health services, group activities to promote leadership skills, cultural celebrations, and engagement of youth in community service projects to increase their connection to school, community and culture. Required education and experience: Social Service experiences and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Bi-lingual/cultural Spanish is highly encouraged. Experience working with at-risk youth and families, preferably with a diverse population. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org