Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments must be in *.doc or *.txt format) or fax to 425-274-0728. All positions remain open until filled, and are full-time unless otherwise noted. YES is committed to diversity; LGBTQ+ individuals and people of color are encouraged to apply. YES is an equal opportunity employer.
CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Chief Development Officer (CDO) reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all fund development and marketing/communications efforts of the agency. This includes: annual giving; major gifts; planned giving; donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; corporate relations; special events; grant writing; community relations; marketing and communications; and, other development activities. In addition, the CDO is responsible for executing the fund development and marketing/communications plan, and overseeing database management, gift processing, and database reports/queries/mailing lists. The CDO is a member of the Senior Management Team and, as such, is a key player in setting the short and long-term strategies to implement the agency’s vision.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Plan, develop, implement, oversee and monitor all fund development programs and activities, including: annual giving; major gifts; planned giving; donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; corporate relations; special events; grant writing; and, community relations.
- Oversee all marketing, communication and public relations strategies and activities.
- In collaboration with YES Board and staff, develop and implement annual and long-range strategic fund development and marketing/communications plans to address and meet short and long term sustainability goals.
- Provide staff leadership and support to the YES Board Fund Development Committee.
- In collaboration with CEO and YES Fund Development Committee, lead and assist with Board engagement in fund development activities.
- Monitor progress to revenue goals and present regular reports to Board and senior leaders.
- In collaboration with CEO, YES Board, and Major Gifts Officer, oversee implementation of major gifts advancement program, including donor identification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- In collaboration with CEO and YES Board, oversee planning, implementation and management of major campaigns (e.g. capital, endowment).
- Oversee solicitation of new corporate and foundation funding sources, while maintaining strong relationships with current and past donors.
- Represent YES in meetings with potential funders.
- Keep current with YES programs and services plans and new initiatives through strong working relationships with key staff.
- Oversee agency corporate and community volunteer activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in non-profit management, marketing, business administration or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in leading fund development, marketing/communications, and community relations activities, to include: annual giving; major gifts; planned giving; donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; corporate relations; special events; private grant writing; community relations; marketing and communications; and, other development activities.
- Strong background and experience in planning, organizing and managing a successful, multi-faceted fundraising program.
- Experience as staff lead for major campaigns, preferably for endowment and/or capital needs.
- Experience and skill in supervising, mentoring and leading staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks inside and outside the agency.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to innovate.
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency leadership, Board of Trustees and community partners.
- General computer skills including Word, Windows, Excel.
- Knowledge of donor databases required. Knowledge of Donor Perfect preferred.
- This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Must have personal vehicle available for outside agency meetings and duties.
- Occasional evening and weekend duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Possess highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, disciplined, able to work under pressure while managing simultaneous priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of long-range planning process.
This position is open until filled. YES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
INTAKE SPECIALIST/ Co-Occurring Disorders Therapist - OPEN ACCESS - Full Time
YES is seeking an Open Access Intake Specialist (co-occurring trained) to join our thriving Open Access Department providing Mental Health and Substance Abuse Assessments, both on site and at schools, to facilitate clients’ entry into services. Specialist also manage referral matters with community partners (schools, primary care doctors, etc.) and may assist supporting clients on our referral list by leading skills groups and managing a small caseload of co-occurring clients.
Requirements: Masters in a counseling related field; a CDP or CDPT or experience in addiction counseling and willingness to immediately pursue; ability to work hours to meet client and program needs including some evenings; have transportation to other job site locations (ex. schools).
Preferred: Licensed; experience with ethnically and culturally diverse populations; training in Evidence-Based Practices (DBT, CBT, Motivational Interviewing).
YES is a leading provider of behavioral health services for youth 0-22 and their families on the Eastside. We provide quality supervision and this position would be offered weekly supervision towards the CDP and mental health licenses. We provide training in Evidence Based Practices, particularly CBT and DBT, and financially support education towards your Chemical Dependency Certification.
YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COORDINATOR YOUTH SERVICES - PART TIME 16 HRS/WK WEDS AND THURS EVENINGS
We are seeking a Coordinator of Youth Services to work in a collaborative effort in Redmond Teen Center to provide the appropriate social services to the youth during drop-in hours. Required education and experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with at-risk youth and families, preferably with a diverse population. Bi-lingual Spanish is highly encouraged. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTH & FAMILY THERAPIST - FULL TIME
We are seeking a Youth & Family counselor to provide intake evaluations and outpatient youth and family counseling in both elementary school and agency settings (days and evenings). Emphasis would be on serving youth ages 6-10 years, with a plan to broaden caseload to early childhood behavioral health (birth to 7 years) based on needs of the agency. YES offers a collaborative and supportive work environment. We seek a clinician with experience in youth and family counseling and an ability to work with culturally diverse populations. Master’s Degree and MHP required. License preferred. Trained in Evidence-Based Practices, especially CBT and PMT, and PFR/PCIT a plus. Excellent benefits. Bi-lingual English/ Spanish candidates encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to HR@youtheastsideservices.org. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.