Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments must be in *.doc or *.txt format) or fax to 425-274-0728. All positions remain open until filled, and are full-time unless otherwise noted. YES is committed to diversity; LGBTQ+ individuals and people of color are encouraged to apply. YES is an equal opportunity employer.
Internships are one of the many ways in which YES is helping to build the next generation of mental health service providers. YES relies on ongoing relationships with mental health counseling, social work, and marriage and family programs in the area to fill around a dozen Clinical Internship positions each year. The commitment for internships at YES is a minimum of 12 months. Even though internships are unpaid, interns get course credits to qualify for graduation requirements (specific to each program) along with weekly supervision, ongoing training opportunities, and diverse experience in the field.
EARLY CHILDHOOD BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPIST
We are seeking an Early Childhood Behavioral Health Therapist to be part of a team implementing behavioral health services primarily targeting children ages birth -7 and their parents. Therapist will provide intake evaluations and outpatient counseling both in-home and agency-based following evidence-based practice in agency and/or in-home settings (days and evenings). We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment. Experience in early childhood behavioral health preferred and experience with child/youth/family counseling required. Must possess an ability to work with culturally diverse populations. Master’s Degree and MHP status required, licensure preferred. Training in PCIT/PFR and other Evidence-Based Practices (i.e. CBT) preferred. Excellent benefits including paid training in PCIT/PFR in conjunction with agree upon time commitment to position. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. People of color and LGBT+ encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Salary: Post-Master’s starts at $21.47 per hour up to $31.27 for dual licensure.
CO-OCCURRING YOUTH & FAMILY COUNSELOR
We are seeking a full-time Co-occurring Youth & Family Counselor to provide outpatient youth and family counseling in both school and agency settings (days and evenings). We seek a clinician with a passion for providing counseling for youth with mental health and/or substance use disorders, experience working with youth, families and parents, and an ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
Required: Master’s Degree and MHP required. Ability to work hours to meet client and program needs, including some evenings. Transportation needed to travel between job site locations (agency and school sites).
Preferred: License preferred. Experience in working with addictions and SUDP/T ideal, or willingness to apply for and immediately begin SUD educational program.
YES financially supports training in Evidence Based Practices, and pursuit of SUDP with reimbursement of certification and SUD coursework. Previous training in Evidence-Based Practices ideal, especially CBT, DBT and Motivational Interviewing. Bi-lingual English/ Spanish candidates encouraged to apply.
YES offers a collaborative and supportive work environment. We provide quality supervision and support clinicians in achieving licensure. Excellent benefits. Salary dependent on education and post Master’s degree experience. Salary starts at $21.47/hour u to $31.27 for dual licensure. Send cover letter and resume to HR@youtheastsideservices.org. YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.
CHIEF PROGRAMS OFFICER
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will serve as a critical member of the executive management team in partnership with the CEO, overseeing implementation of the strategic operational plan. To achieve this, the CPO will provide inspirational and tactical guidance/leadership to the agency’s Operations/Clinical Supervisor teams, ensuring maximum impact of agency services/advocacy on both a micro and macro level. A key focus of the CPO will be the internal integration and alignment of programs services assuring these are implemented with the most current best practices (evidence-based practices) and keeping diversity, equity and inclusion at the center. Specific programs of oversight include: 1) agency-based behavioral health services; 2) school-based behavioral health services; and 3) community-based services and inclusion. The CPO will serve as a key agency representative in an external role and engage in fundraising activities as assigned by the CEO. Ideally, the CPO will serve as the functional successor to the CEO.
Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy
- In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites and departments.
- Directly supervise four program directors, working closely with these senior program staff to build their skills to mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff.
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges.
- Mentor directors on how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Work with program supervisory team to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Support a high performing mission driven culture in programs based on YES values and professionalism.
- Support a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal by clearly communicating agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans and mentoring.
- Establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility ensuring resources are deployed efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals
- Support fund development efforts as assigned by the CEO
- Engage with the Board of Directors as assigned by the CEO
- Serve as liaison to community partners such as school districts, cities etc. as assigned by the CEO
- Passion and an advocacy orientation for child and youth issues, specifically for behavioral health and other service strategies.
- A minimum of eight-years’ leadership experience in a not-for-profit, overseeing multiple programs and contracts.
- Extensive expertise in child/youth behavioral health including training in and experience with the implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Dually credentialed (Master’s degree in behavioral health fully licensed and SUDP credential required).
- Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
- Direct and transparent communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning, reporting and program evaluation reporting purposes.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR & REPORT WRITER
The Database Administrator & Report Writer is responsible for the overall management of YES database (Avatar – practice management system / electronic health record) including; design, build, test and deploy customization, system maintenance, troubleshooting, testing, end-user training as well as data analytics and reports.
This position works with multiple teams within the agency and requires clear communication and a professional demeanor at all times. The nature of this position requires a high level of attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects, frequently changing priorities and tight deadlines.
Primary Job Functions
- Design, build and deploy database customization, such as forms, pick lists and custom fields
- Develop, manage and maintain data analytics and reports
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of YES’ data architecture; assess and propose changes when needed
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Set and maintain database policies, procedures and standards
- Serve as the primary support contact for staff and respond to user reported errors
- Administer user accounts and profiles, including setting account creation and deactivation protocols
- Monitor system performance
- Coordinate and test updates as needed
- Act as primary liaison with vendor (Netsmart Technologies)
- Conduct staff training, including on-boarding of new team members to database
- Preform audits to ensure data integrity and quality
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator (experience with Electronic Health Records database preferred)
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Report writing experience (Crystal Reports preferred)
- Experience with schema standards, concepts and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of security, integrity and SQL
- A degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Knowledge & Skills
- Highly refined analytical and problem solving skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand business needs
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly from oral and written explanations and from demonstrations
- Exceptional attendance
- Effectively work in both a team environment and independently with minimal oversight
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to use hands and handle objects
- Adequate vision and hearing is necessary for duties
- Ability to endure looking at computer screens for extended periods of time during the work day
- Occasional pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Speaking/talking on the telephone and in-person
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. YES provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com