YES welcomes in-kind contributions that fit the needs outlined below. You can make an individual donation, or put together your own drive to gather items.
- Gift cards. YES accepts small gift cards throughout the year to reward substance abuse treatment clients for achieving their goals, such as remaining sober for 60 days. You can pick up gift cards at any teen friendly store, and drop them off at YES’ Bellevue location. Even $5 is enough! You can also purchase cards through our Amazon Gift Card Wish List.
- Amazon: Counselors’ Wish List. Do you want to brighten a child’s day with bubbles or a plush toy? Or help a teen process tough emotions with a special journal? Check our Amazon Counselors’ Wish List.
- Snacks. Every child and teen boasts a unique set of talents that we work every day to bring to the surface. But there’s one thing they all have in common: They love snacks. Any pre-packaged goodies will do, from cookies to chips. They all go fast.
- A van. Many of our clients have transportation challenges, so our counselors spend time running around the Eastside to ensure they can get the help and support they need. We have a few vehicles already, but we could use at least one more that will last us for years to come.
- Computers or other tech. Every counselor at YES has a laptop so they can efficiently and effectively work with clients, and because they’re often working at multiple sites. Between our 70 employees, that’s a lot of tech. If you have the ability to donate a new or refurbished computer, please reach out to us.
- Handyperson. Things break, and we’re looking for someone to fix them. If you know how to patch up leaky pipes, get a dishwasher or microwave working again, or soothe a frustrated copy machine, we’re all ears.
- Carpet cleaning. We have a lot of fun here. We won’t say we’re messy, but we could certainly use assistance keeping the place looking tidy. If you own a business that specializes in cleaning services, we’d love to hear from you.
- Vehicle services. Our vans require maintenance and upkeep. Can you help keep our wheels looking fresh?