Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services.
To apply for any of the positions listed below, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments must be in *.doc or *.txt format) or fax to 425-274-0728. All positions remain open until filled, and are full-time unless otherwise noted.
YES is committed to diversity; LGBTQ+ individuals and people of color are encouraged to apply. YES is an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing & Communications Manager
YES has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Manager to drive the agency’s brand, visibility and positive reputation with its donors and the community at large. This is a rare opportunity to work for an organization of passionate clinicians and professionals who care deeply their work and community.
The perfect person for this role wants to see YES’ name in lights, and will have creative ideas around how to turn clinical work into compelling, human stories that showcase the agency’s work and impact—while making client care and privacy the number one priority. A passion for behavioral health care and its value to the community are a plus.
- Develop, implement and socialize YES’ marketing plan.
- Write and manage content across all of YES’ print and digital communication channels, including e-newsletters, a biannual print newsletter, social media, its website and blog, emails, brochures, fliers, ads and more.
- Develop and manage the editorial calendars for all agency communications, both digital and print.
- Manage and update the YES website.
- Manage and track an annual marketing budget, and participate in developing budgeting priorities.
- Build and socialize the YES brand to both internal and external stakeholders, and evolve it as needed to maintain its relevancy to the community.
- Respond to requests for YES speakers, track speaking engagements and support staff speakers.
- Design digital communications, oversee the design of print publications, develop Word templates for fliers, and consistently inventory communications to identify gaps and better support programs.
- Support YES’ annual fundraiser through PowerPoint presentation design, speechwriting, video production, vetting and coaching youth speakers, working with VIP speakers, scripting the event end to end including emcee remarks, issuing press releases/pitching stories, and other promotional tasks.
- Build and maintain strong 1:1 connections with members of the media that result in high-value partnerships and placements.
- Support the Fund Development team in creating high-impact campaigns and communications that showcase the value of YES to donors.
- Work with leadership to define key agency talking points around mental health, substance abuse treatment, and other issues related to YES’ areas of work.
- Education: BA or equivalent specializing in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or a related field.
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications, public relations, content development or strategy, or a related field.
- Ability to write quickly and cleanly for different communication channels and audiences — including donors, health professionals, parents and teens — while maintaining YES’ brand voice.
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint, WordPress, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, online design software such as Canva, Word, Outlook, Excel, and online survey software such as SurveyMonkey.
- Experience with social media platforms and tools like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Hootsuite.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful seasonal marketing/fundraising campaigns.
- Script or speechwriting experience plus an innate sense of how to weave brand values and messaging into the spoken word.
- A keen sense for what makes a good story, and how this changes based upon the intended audience: What makes something worth listening to? Worth reading?
- Ability to articulate and enact ideas that keep YES at the forefront of conversations about topics that relate to its work.
- Ability to approach marketing analytically: defining and driving toward clear goals that are based on YES’ business needs.
- A special interest in keeping a finger on the pulse of “what’s coming next” in marketing.
Other: Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to work cooperatively and establish effective relationships with fellow employees.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Highland Middle School)
Come join YOUTH EASTSIDE SERVICES (YES) in its new partnership with International Community Health Services (ICHS) to provide services integrated with physical health to Highland Middle School students and families at our new School-based Health Center. We are seeking a Co-occurring Behavioral Health Specialist to provide these services. This position will consult/collaborate with our physical health project partner ICHS, school personnel, outside professionals, and the client/family in the implementation of behavioral health services including assessment, short-term to long-term support as well as school-based support in the clinic and school in general.
Applicants should have experience in child and family mental health utilizing Evidence-Based Practices (i.e. DBT, CBT). This position is full-time year-round, requires a Master’s degree with either CDP(T) or able to immediately pursue. Licensure and bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Must possess skills to work with a diverse school population utilizing an anti-racism/oppression framework and be committed to working as part of a team. Excellent benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 425-274-0728. YES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.
Behavioral Health Specialist - Lake Hills Elementary School
Work in partnership with Bellevue School District (BSD) working at Lake Hills Elementary.
- Ability to work with diverse youth/families.
- Flexible, Responsive and Organized under pressure.
- Effective partnering with school administration and staff
- Able to triage, conduct crisis intervention, screenings and assessments for mental health.
- Manage referrals, ability to work with parents, provide education and prevention work in classroom and with small and large groups.
- Provide short term counseling.
- Skills in positive behavior interventions.
- Ability to work on school teams regarding individual children and also system changes within the school.
- Master’s degree in Mental Health.
- Prior experience with CBT, DBT.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBT and people of color encouraged to apply.
Social Work/Youth & Family Therapist
This is a combined Social Work & Youth and Family Therapist position. It is a full time (40 hrs./wk.) year-round position. This job has a variety of responsibilities and provides services at both the YES Redmond Office and a Redmond Elementary School. Duties include providing case management, wrap-around services, basic needs support, advocacy and community outreach individual and family therapy, crisis stabilization, suicide risk assessment, treatment planning and group therapy. The nature of this position is fast-paced and can change frequently. It requires a team member with a dynamic personality who has the ability to partner with others, work with extremely diverse populations, has a high level of attention to detail, and has the ability to use multiple computer programs.
Primary Job Functions
3 days / 24 hours – Elementary School in the Lake Washington School District (LWSD)
- Work in close collaboration with Elementary school staff (school counselor, principal, etc.) to help increase student success
- Conduct assessments and provide intervention for at-risk youth and families
- Deliver brief drop-in counseling services (x2-3 times) for students/families and provide appropriate referrals to ongoing comprehensive treatment/services
- Provide comprehensive wrap-around and case management services including advocacy for families
- Offer family support and resources for basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing, rent assistance, etc.
- Facilitate projects such as Operation School Bell, Pantry Packs and Holidays Giving Projects
- Provide students and families with information and referrals to services
- Coordinate and conduct outreach efforts and communication
- Participate in school team meetings for students as needed
- Act as a liaison between students, families and staff
- Additional duties as assigned
Youth and Family Therapist
2 days / 16 hours – YES Redmond Office
- Conduct individual, family and group psychotherapy sessions for on-going issues such as depression mood, Anxiety, PTSD, challenges at home (Divorce, etc.) or School (Bullying, etc.)
- Deliver high quality Evidence-Based treatment to clients and families
- Provide parental/family consultation and training/coaching/therapy as needed.
- Develop and update Treatment Plans in collaboration with your assigned clients and their families
- Provide crisis stabilization services
- Coordinate care with outside providers (teachers, doctors, etc.)
- Offer information and referrals as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Promptly and accurately complete required paperwork
- Meet 50% direct service standards
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local confidentiality requirements and guidelines
- Attend team meetings, supervision and agency meetings and/or events as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master Degree in Social Work or related field with minimum of 2-3 yrs exp. working with at-risk youth and families
- Preferred Licensed Counselor (LMHC, LMFT, LICSW)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be available to work some evening hours (after 5pm) and requires work within schools or other non-traditional settings.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Experience working with vulnerable children, youth and families
- Trained in Evidence-Based Practices (i.e. DBT, CBT) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Dependable, receptive to change, willingness to learn, cooperative approach to problem solving, flexible team player
- Computer literate and ability to use new software programs with basic training
- Ability to travel and work in multiple settings
- Effectively work in both a team environment and independently with minimal oversight
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to use hands and handle objects
- Adequate vision and hearing is necessary for duties
- Occasional pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds
- Speaking/talking on the telephone and in-person
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. YES provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YES offers a collaborative and supportive work environment with excellent benefits and a variety of professional training opportunities.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com