A B O U T Y E S
Join our Team
Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, send us your cover letter and resume. Refer to the job title and job number (if listed):
- By mail to YES, 999 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98008
- By fax to 425.274.0728
- By email to Human Resources (attachments should be in Microsoft Word or text-only format)
All positions remain open until they are filled. For more information about available positions, call Human Resources at 425.747.4937. Youth Eastside Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Job Postings (as of 09-26-16)
Co-occurring disorders therapists - Join our Team of passionate clinicians serving youth and families. Youth Eastside Services (YES) has positions open for Co-occurring Disorders Therapists skilled in engaging youth and families in integrated treatment for mental health and substance abuse issues and motivating them towards positive change. Ability to work in a variety of settings: educational, clinical, assessment/ intake; and modalities: individual, group, family. Training in EBP’s including CBT and DBT preferred. Masters required; licensed and CDP preferred. Salary (D.O.E.) up to $31.71 per hour when licensed and with CDP. YES assists with EBP training, mandatory trainings, and Workforce Development reimbursement for CDP trainee coursework. Bi-lingual a plus and secures higher rate if used in course of employment. We are a mission/quality driven non-profit serving all youth/families in our diverse Eastside communities. Experience working with queer and trans youth and culturally diverse families a plus. Excellent benefits. Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Community Engagement Coordinator, part time 18 hrs/wk - Position Summary: Coordinates the recruitment and effective deployment of groups and individuals who wish to donate their time to advance the mission of Youth Eastside Services (YES). Perform other activities as assigned to maximize short and long-term support for YES programs and services.
- Coordinate volunteer services program to connect individuals and groups to opportunities to give their time in support of agency programs and services.
- Consult with program directors and managers to define organization needs for various volunteer services.
- Research corporate employee volunteer programs and develop relationships with key contacts.
- Manage overall volunteer engagement process:
- Develop and implement plans for volunteer recruitment.
- Interview, screen and additionally refer applicants to appropriate roles.
- Orient volunteers in overall agency information and processes prior to assignment in specific units.
- Ensure that volunteers receive adequate on-the-job as well as other required training.
- Provide resources to ensure that all agency volunteers receive the supervision, evaluation and recognition they deserve.
- Assist program managers in resolving personnel issues with volunteers. Serve as liaison between administration, staff and volunteers.
- Speak to community groups, explaining how volunteers help advance the agency’s services.
- Working with Fund Development & Marketing/Communications Team members:
- With Fund Development Manager, coordinate volunteer support for special events.
- With Marketing/Communications Manager, ensure timely and accurate information for volunteer listings in all media, including print materials, agency website, United Way Volunteer Center, Microsoft Giving Site and timely news releases.
- Record-keeping and reports:
- Coordinate timely and accurate volunteer record-keeping, including applications, background and reference checks.
- Prepare statistical reports on extent, type, and also value of volunteer service.
Required Skills & Education:
- Three to five years of paid or volunteer experience coordinating volunteers for education or human services organization.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field.
- Ability to communicate with, coordinate the work of, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics of agency services, particularly HIPAA regulations.
- Commitment to YES goals and mission.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong computer experience and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent) and donor database, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Working Conditions/Safety Hazards of the Job:
Must have transportation available for outside agency meetings and duties. Occasional evening and weekend duties. Based at Bellevue office.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Receptionist - Front Desk Specialist - Bi lingual Spanish required - FRONT DESK SPECIALIST - part time 20 hours per week
for our Redmond Office. Working hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday Noon - 6:30 p.m.
Bi-lingual Spanish required
Candidate must have the following skills:
- Outgoing personality with excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and handle numerous tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and remain on-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude in challenging situations
- Ability to learn quickly from oral and written explanations and from demonstrations
- Exceptional attendance
Compensation: $13-16 per hour, DOE.
- Answering multi-line telephone in a professional, courteous manner and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Greeting clients and assisting with customer inquiries.
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining multiple schedules, and making reminder appointment calls
- Data entry
- Collecting payments
- Managing client files
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- General clerical duties
YES is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 425-274-0728 Attn: HR
Get involved — Volunteer with us
Your co-worker. Your neighbor. Your child.
Youth Eastside Services helps thousands of kids and families each year who are struggling with depression, anxiety, grief and loss, bullying, trauma and more. Chances are good that you know someone who’s been impacted by our services.
Calling all volunteers
Each year, more than 30% of Youth Eastside Services’ funding comes from monetary and in-kind donations, many of which are brought in by volunteers. These gifts make it possible for YES to provide high-quality services — regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
If you believe that every family and young person deserves to be happy and successful, please consider supporting our agency by volunteering.
Here are just some of the ways you can volunteer with us:
- Put your people skills to work by recruiting friends and colleagues to attend YES’ annual spring fundraiser.
- Commit two hours a week to enriching a child’s life with friendship and fun activities through our Success Mentoring program.
- Spend a few hours per week taking care of admin duties like filing, copying, data entry and other office tasks.
- Collect back-to-school supplies, summer camp necessities, gift cards or other items at your work, church, school or other group.
- Help our staff plan a memorable gathering like our mentor thank-you dinner, pumpkin carving or holiday party.
- Plan your own creative fundraiser with friends, family or colleagues to raise funds for YES.
For more information about any of these volunteer opportunities — or to suggest other ways that you might help YES — email Bob Conroy
or call 425.747.4937.
Because of the confidential nature of the work we do at YES, we cannot accept volunteers who are less than 21 years old, or anyone who is fulfilling court-ordered community service hours.