A B O U T Y E S
Join our Team
Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, send us your cover letter and resume. Refer to the job title and job number (if listed):
- By mail to YES, 999 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98008
- By fax to 425.274.0728
- By email to Human Resources (attachments should be in Microsoft Word or text-only format)
All positions remain open until they are filled. For more information about available positions, call Human Resources at 425.747.4937. Youth Eastside Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Job Postings (as of 06-29-16)
Community Engagement Coordinator, part time 18 hrs/wk - Position Summary: Coordinates the recruitment and effective deployment of groups and individuals who wish to donate their time to advance the mission of Youth Eastside Services (YES). Perform other activities as assigned to maximize short and long-term support for YES programs and services.
- Coordinate volunteer services program to connect individuals and groups to opportunities to give their time in support of agency programs and services.
- Consult with program directors and managers to define organization needs for various volunteer services.
- Research corporate employee volunteer programs and develop relationships with key contacts.
- Manage overall volunteer engagement process:
- Develop and implement plans for volunteer recruitment.
- Interview, screen and additionally refer applicants to appropriate roles.
- Orient volunteers in overall agency information and processes prior to assignment in specific units.
- Ensure that volunteers receive adequate on-the-job as well as other required training.
- Provide resources to ensure that all agency volunteers receive the supervision, evaluation and recognition they deserve.
- Assist program managers in resolving personnel issues with volunteers. Serve as liaison between administration, staff and volunteers.
- Speak to community groups, explaining how volunteers help advance the agency’s services.
- Working with Fund Development & Marketing/Communications Team members:
- With Fund Development Manager, coordinate volunteer support for special events.
- With Marketing/Communications Manager, ensure timely and accurate information for volunteer listings in all media, including print materials, agency website, United Way Volunteer Center, Microsoft Giving Site and timely news releases.
- Record-keeping and reports:
- Coordinate timely and accurate volunteer record-keeping, including applications, background and reference checks.
- Prepare statistical reports on extent, type, and also value of volunteer service.
Required Skills & Education:
- Three to five years of paid or volunteer experience coordinating volunteers for education or human services organization.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field.
- Ability to communicate with, coordinate the work of, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics of agency services, particularly HIPAA regulations.
- Commitment to YES goals and mission.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong computer experience and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent) and donor database, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Working Conditions/Safety Hazards of the Job:
Must have transportation available for outside agency meetings and duties. Occasional evening and weekend duties. Based at Bellevue office.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
INTERN PROGRAM COORDINATOR - FULL TIME - YES is seeking a committed mission and self-driven individual with a passion for both excellence in program development, as well as growing interns into exceptional clinicians.
This individual should possess a strong ability to coordinate, foster, develop and provide leadership to our YES internship program assuring that the highest quality of behavioral healthcare is both taught and provided.
Key skills for this position:
- direct communication style;
- ability to maintain strong relationships with university partners for intern recruitment as well as school partner sites where interns provide services to school district K-12 locations;
- a constant customer satisfaction focus;
- flexibility and responsiveness to ever changing needs of the program, community partners and interns;
- ability to provide exceptional clinical guidance as warranted and respond to client crisis and support interns in doing so;
- exceptional skill in providing direct clinical services to clients as warranted;
- strong collaborative ability to work with colleagues also providing clinical supervision to intern team;
- ability to utilize
, and support others in the use of an electronic medical records system;
- basic proficiency in use of technology including Microsoft Office Suite;
- strong knowledge of policy and procedure with the ability to assure compliance within program.
Qualifications: MSW or Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences and a State of WA license in a counseling related professional preferred. Additional requirements: 2+ years in program management and clinical supervision, expertise in mental health (assessment, diagnosis, and treatment), cultural competency, knowledge of substance abuse and its effects on families, and ability to provide Evidence Based Practices to individuals, youth, and families. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
YES is committed to having a diverse workplace. LGBTQ and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Get involved — Volunteer with us
Your co-worker. Your neighbor. Your child.
Youth Eastside Services helps thousands of kids and families each year who are struggling with depression, anxiety, grief and loss, bullying, trauma and more. Chances are good that you know someone who’s been impacted by our services.
Calling all volunteers
Each year, more than 30% of Youth Eastside Services’ funding comes from monetary and in-kind donations, many of which are brought in by volunteers. These gifts make it possible for YES to provide high-quality services — regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
If you believe that every family and young person deserves to be happy and successful, please consider supporting our agency by volunteering.
Here are just some of the ways you can volunteer with us:
- Put your people skills to work by recruiting friends and colleagues to attend YES’ annual spring fundraiser.
- Commit two hours a week to enriching a child’s life with friendship and fun activities through our Success Mentoring program.
- Spend a few hours per week taking care of admin duties like filing, copying, data entry and other office tasks.
- Collect back-to-school supplies, summer camp necessities, gift cards or other items at your work, church, school or other group.
- Help our staff plan a memorable gathering like our mentor thank-you dinner, pumpkin carving or holiday party.
- Plan your own creative fundraiser with friends, family or colleagues to raise funds for YES.
For more information about any of these volunteer opportunities — or to suggest other ways that you might help YES — email Bob Conroy
or call 425.747.4937.
Because of the confidential nature of the work we do at YES, we cannot accept volunteers who are less than 21 years old, or anyone who is fulfilling court-ordered community service hours.