A B O U T Y E S
Join our Team
Make a difference in the lives of children and families in East King County by joining the committed, dynamic staff of Youth Eastside Services. To apply for any of the positions listed below, send us your cover letter and resume. Refer to the job title and job number (if listed):
- By mail to YES, 999 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98008
- By fax to 425.274.0728
- By email to Human Resources (attachments should be in Microsoft Word or text-only format)
All positions remain open until they are filled. For more information about available positions, call Human Resources at 425.747.4937. Youth Eastside Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Job Postings (as of 12-22-14)
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Part Time - 18 hours per week) -
Summary of Responsibilities: Coordinate the recruitment and effective deployment of groups and individuals who wish to donate their time to advance the mission of YES. Perform other activities as assigned to maximize short and long range support for YES programs and services.
Required Skills and Education:
- Coordinate volunteer services program to connect individuals and groups to opportunities to give their time in support of agency programs and services.
- Consult director and program managers to define organization needs for various volunteer services.
- Research corporate employee volunteer programs and develop relationships with key contacts.
- Develop and implement plans for volunteer recruitment.
- Interview, screen and refer applicants to appropriate roles.
- Orient volunteers in overall agency information and processes prior to assignment iin specific units.
- Ensure that volunteers receive adequate on-the-job as well as other required training.
- Provide resources to ensure that all agency volunteers receive the supervision, evaluation and recognition they deserve.
- Assist program managers in resolving personnel issues with volunteers.
- Serve as liaison between administration, staff and volunteers.
- Speak to community groups, explaining how volunteers help advance the organization's services.
- In collaboration with Fund Development Manager, coordinate volunteer support for special events.
- In collaboration with Marketing/Communications Manager, ensure timely and accurate information for volunteer listings in all media, including print materials, agency website, United Way Volunteer Center, Microsoft Giving Site and timely news releases.
- Coordinate timely and accurate volunteer record-keeping, including applications, background and reference checks.
- Prepare statistical reports on extent, nature, and also value of volunteer services.
Working Conditions/Safety Hazards of the job:
- Three to five years of paid or volunteer experience in education or human services;
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred in a relevant field.
- Ability to communicate with, coordinate the work of and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or as a volunteer preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics of agency services, in particular HIPAA regulations.
- Commitment to YES goals and mission.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong computer experience and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent) and donor database, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Youth Eastside Services is committed to having a diverse staff team. LGBTQ and people of color are encouraged to apply.
- Must have transportation available for outside agency meetings and duties. Occasional evening and weekend duties. Based at Bellevue office.
Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a volunteer and make a difference
YES depends on nearly 20,000 volunteer hours a year to help us build self-reliant youth, strong families and a safe, caring Eastside community. Our volunteers receive training and support, along with the deep satisfaction of knowing you're making a real difference in the lives of young people. Here are just a few ways you can help:
Table Captain – Invest in Youth Breakfast
- Help us raise funds for the largest fundraiser of the year by inviting your friends and colleagues as a guest at your table. There is no cost to you.
Mentoring opportunities with excellent support/guidance/training
- Success Mentoring Program: Adult mentors commit 2 hours per week for at least a year. Get to know your 9-17-year-old mentee doing things you both enjoy.
- Help two or more hours per week with administrative tasks like filing, copying, data entry and other office projects, depending on your interests and skill level.
- Practice what you are learning in college about marketing or public relations. Work 5 hours per week for three to six months.
- Support a drive to collect back-to-school supplies, summer camp necessities, activity tickets or other items at your work, church, school or other group. Then join us for a fun filling-day or help with distribution—a great office team or book group project. Items are used for low income kids participating in Summer Explorers Therapeutic Day Camp, UPROADS Teen Recovery Group and more.
- Help plan one of the many gatherings like our mentor appreciation dinner, pumpkin carving or holiday celelbration. Provide food, decorate and/or help the staff make a truly memorable event.
- Plan a party fundraiser with your friends and neighbors.
- Spend a couple of hours a month calling and thanking YES donors, or assemble a group for a calling party.
Because of the confidential nature of the work we do at YES, we cannot accept volunteers who are less than 21 years old, or anyone who is fulfilling court-ordered community service hours.
For more information about any of these volunteer opportunities — or to suggest other ways that you might help YES — email our Brooke
or call 425.586.2326.